While being a professional fine arts artist, Cam found her passion in culinary arts. She started her food journey studying Spanish cuisine at Le Cordon Bleu Madrid. After she came back to Hong Kong, she worked in restaurant Catalunya, A side/ B side (a farm to table restaurant in Hong Kong), and Bo.Lan in Bangkok. With all these experiences under her belt, Cam kick-started the Chef-Incubator program at PMQ Taste Kitchen as their first chef doing market fish and drinks pairing. Chef Cam will continue to explore Asian spices and ingredients while collaborating with different restaurants.
Presenting our very first RSRV Champagne Pairing Experience, MOTD has partnered with Chef Cam Wong for a Nautical Themed Menu. Having profound knowledge in the characteristics of seafood, Under The C is deeply rooted in elements relating to the ocean, from the presence of shellfish in a dish to the slight hint of sea salt in the seasoning, be prepared for a deep-sea voyage with Chef Cam.
Pumpkin Smash with Fromage Frais
Paired with RSRV Cuvée 4.5, a wine that brings together Chardonnay (40%) and Pinot Noir (60%), Chef Cam allowed the champagne's fine, sweet undertones to bring forward the freshness of the Pumpkin Smash. A fair amount of Fromage Frais (low-fat creamy soft cheese) is a stroke of genius to balance out its heaviness with a hint of sourness.
Adorned with Katsuo Shuto and garlic that lays on top of the smash, Chef Cam recommends everyone to try out the whole dish in a generous spoonful where it contains every single element presented.
Pan Fried Moe Pork Collar
Well marbled with fat and contains a lot of connective tissues, pork collar is usually the ideal choice for slow-cooking methods. Not only did Chef Cam prepare it with braised scallion sauce and garnish it with a fine bit of perilla to level its fatness, the textured Orange Zabaglione sauce also acts as the icing on the cake by bringing a fair bit of citrusy element to the dish.
Slow-cooked Octopus in Oolong Sauce
Being one of the most popular methods in the preparation of seafood, slow cooking tends to preserve the meat's tenderness and character.
Paying tribute to Chef Cam's heritage, strong cues of Asian cooking techniques breathed life into the dish, i.e. the secret Oolong Sauce gives off a strong aroma of Sichuan Peppercorn that doesn't just linger on your nose, but also on the tip of your tongue.
Balancing between a strong touch of nautical flavor and the sweet scent of 3 kinds of RSRV Champagne: Blanc de Blancs 2012, Blanc de Noirs 2009 and Cuvée 4.5, Chef Cam is now offering 6 nights of reservation-only Champagne Pairing Dinner menu, Under The C, from 16th - 18th and 23rd - 25th next month.
Under The C by Cam Wong is now opened for reservation for a limited time only, dates and price as follow:
September 16th - 18th, 23rd - 25th
Under the C (8 courses): HKD $1,280
Additional RSRV Champagne Pairing (3 glasses): HKD $388
- Online Reservations are available throughout the duration of each popup dinner event. Maximum of 12 communal seats available for each event with a single long table.
- We offer a first come first served policy, bookings are confirmed only upon completion of purchase. No minimum spend required for book outs, please purchase all available dining vouchers to hold the entire night.
- We accept credit card payment online only.
- We accept on day cash payment for additional beverage purchases.
- Each popup dinner may vary from chef to chef, please see details for pricing and dates.
- Corkage fee is $250, please feel free to bring your own bottle (BYOB).
- Dress code is smart casual with the exclusion of jeans.
- We encourage photography, all devices are welcomed.
- Special Dietaries must be mentioned upon booking, on day changes may not be feasible. Other inquires please contact us on by phone 23355333 or via whatsapp 67789807.
Any cancellations to the booking must be provided prior to the reservation date listed below:
Notice 5 days or more - Allegeable for a full refund.
Notice 4 days or less - 50% of the Dining Voucher will be charged.
Notice 2 days or less - 100% of the Dining Voucher will be charged.
Notice must be given via email with clear details of alterations.
Please note cancellation fee does not act as a prepaid credit fee.