Gabriel Chung found his passion in cooking at a young age amid delicious home cooked meals by his mom. After he graduated in America, Gabriel journeyed to Paris to pursue his dream as a chef and graduated from Le Cordon Bleu. He has worked with top Michelin starred chefs like Pierre Gagnaire and Nicolas Boutin to name a few. After getting few stains in the top restaurants in Hong Kong, he went to Copenhagen to breakthrough his culinary boundaries.
In Copenhagen he worked for the Studio (1 starred) and the famous new nordic cuisine movement pioneer Kadeau (2 starred). In 2019 he went back to Hong Kong and worked in Tirpse (1 starred in Tokyo) as a sous chef. With all the experience above, his culinary style now lies between French, Japanese, and nordic cuisine.
Making sure it's here to brighten up all five of your senses, Chef Gabriel Chung is now offering 7 nights of reservation-only Dinner menu, Cam before Clam, from 13th - 16th and 21st - 23rd next month.
Lobster with Strawberries in Bordelaise Sauce
On the outer sides of the dish, lobster claw and tail are pre-cooked and unshelled by Chef Gabriel himself. Upon presentation, both parts are then pan fried with herbs and brown butter until medium.
Placed in the center of the dish is fermented strawberries dipped in bordelaise sauce made with lobster shells, miso and red wine for an acidic umami flavor.
Aged Amadai in Green Yuzu Yogurt Sauce
The Amadai fish – also known as the red tilefish – is highly valued in Kyoto, and can be eaten scales and all. For its preparation, Chef Gabriel aged it for 4 days then it steamed with sake and kombu before serving.
Cohering with the light tone of the dish, the sauce is made with whey from ricotta, fresh green yuzu and yogurt. For an extra refreshing touch, Chef Gabriel garnished the fish with yuzu zest on top.
Australian Wagyu M7 Flank Steak
Chef Gabriel specifically picked Australia Wagyu M7 flank steak as the star of the menu, which exudes a rich meat aroma that lingers on the diner's palate.
Served on the side, morels are spring mushrooms prized by gourmet cooks, particularly in French cuisine. It is stuffed with chicken mousse and cooked with Vin Jaune for an extra sweet taste.
Balancing between a strong touch of nautical flavor and the sweet scent of 3 kinds of RSRV Champagne: Blanc de Blancs 2012, Blanc de Noirs 2009 and Cuvée 4.5, Chef Gabriel is now offering 7 nights of reservation-only Champagne Pairing Dinner menu, Cam Before Clam, from 13th - 16th and 21st - 23rd this month.
Cam before Clam by Chef Gabriel Chung is now opened for reservation for a limited time only, dates and price as follow:
13th - 16th, 21st - 23rd Oct, 2021
Cam before Clam (Seven Courses): HKD $1,580
Additional RSRV Champagne Pairing (3 glasses): HKD $388
- Online Reservations are available throughout the duration of each popup dinner event. Maximum of 12 communal seats available for each event with a single long table.
- We offer a first come first served policy, bookings are confirmed only upon completion of purchase. No minimum spend required for book outs, please purchase all available dining vouchers to hold the entire night.
- We accept credit card payment online only.
- We accept on day cash payment for additional beverage purchases.
- Each popup dinner may vary from chef to chef, please see details for pricing and dates.
- Corkage fee is $250, please feel free to bring your own bottle (BYOB).
- Dress code is smart casual with the exclusion of jeans.
- We encourage photography, all devices are welcomed.
- Special Dietaries must be mentioned upon booking, on day changes may not be feasible. Other inquires please contact us on by phone 23355333 or via whatsapp 67789807.
Any cancellations to the booking must be provided prior to the reservation date listed below:
Notice 5 days or more - Allegeable for a full refund.
Notice 4 days or less - 50% of the Dining Voucher will be charged.
Notice 2 days or less - 100% of the Dining Voucher will be charged.
Notice must be given via email with clear details of alterations.
Please note cancellation fee does not act as a prepaid credit fee.